Sunday 3 July 2022

Key points on the Rashtrapati election I made at an Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee meeting via Zoom on 2nd July, 2022

 Key Points of What I Said at the APCC Meeting via Zoom on 2nd July, 2022 on the Rashtrapati election in support of the combined opposition candidate:

1) Greeted all those present at the Zoom meeting, including the PCC Pres., AICC Secy-in-charge of AP, Meiyyappan garu (approx 43 attendees);

2) Said I was attending it, mainly to address the topic of elections to the post of President of India and VP of India;

3) That, as the PCC Pres. had already mentioned, it's a secret ballot for the upcoming election;

4) That people present were well-read, and I did not need to read out Articles from the Constitution, however, please note that Secret Ballot means no anti-defection;

5) the constituency for this post consists of MLAs and MPs, and that although INC doesn't have legislators, I urged those present to consider it their self-styled own duty to campaign with their contacts nation-wide;

6) Most importantly, I said that I speak on behalf of many All-India tribals, and that I was clarifying that just because we are tribals, it does not mean that we would support a tribal from the opposite camp;

7) While campaigning, you could impress upon individuals and regional parties, esp. members of all the regional and other left parties in Andhra and Telangana, that if they do wish to support a Tribal Woman from Odisha for VP, we could provide them with name/s

No comments: